Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Microsoft Excel

At the beginning of our class, I had no clue that we would be using Microsoft Excel and upon hearing the news, I immediately panicked. I'd used it before but the teacher I had in high school never thoroughly went through the basic techniques with us and as quickly as I'd learned the information, it was forgotten. This time around, I can truly say that I understand Excel in and out, and the information acquired will undoubtedly assist me in my business endeavors in the future. The different techniques and spreadsheets Dr. Belisle taught us can easily be transferred to the real world. For instance, I plan on majoring in Engineering. In Engineering, there is a plethora of information analyzed on a daily basis. My new knowledge of Microsoft Excel will allow me to organize this data in countless ways.

The most important part of the information learned would undoubtedly be the spreadsheets and formulas within them. There is no business in America that doesn't use spreadsheets in one form or another. These formulas in Excel save the businesses countless hours of analyzing data and different types of statistics. When I graduate, I plan to be deeply involved in these exact business corporations that I speak of. And with this knowledge, I feel as though I'll be more than equipped to handle any type of situation in that atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment