Thursday, October 29, 2009

Powerpoint Presentation Tips

After reading the articles on how to improve your PowerPoint presentation, I couldn't help but feel guilty of some of the cardinal sins addressed in the reading. For instance, in the past, I always had a tendency to include a lot of words in my presentation. In doing this, I found myself reading from the slides more than I should have; those alone are two of the most important actions to avoid. So I found the reading extremely useful and I plan on putting them to use in my next presentation, due this coming Tuesday.

If I had to choose 5 of the most important rules to aid my classmates, they would include the following: Refrain from reading directly from the slides, Limit the amount of words on each slide, Use as many pictures as possible (No ClipArt), include easy-to-understand charts that strengthen your points of discussion, and make sure to use appropriate, easy-to-read fonts. I can't even count how many boring PowerPoint presentations I've sat through in my academic career. And nothing puts me to sleep more than the disregard shown for these five guidelines.

1 comment:

  1. Another tip: To share presentations easily, conert them to video files and play them anywhere with Smart PPT Converter!
    http://www.ppt-to-video-converter.com

    ReplyDelete